The Choctaw Nation Higher Education Program is pleased to receive your inquiry regarding educational assistance. Complete the online application each semester and upload the requested digital documents.
For those who qualify, funds will be issued in the order in which they are received. Applications received after deadlines will be denied.
Please have the following digital documents available before beginning the application. You cannot save or submit the application without the required documents.
- Choctaw Nation Tribal Membership and Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB):
Mandatory for first time applicants only.
- The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma has a new 3 in 1 card that students may apply to receive. If you hold a 3 in 1 card, please copy both sides.
Contact the Choctaw Nation Membership Office if you would like to apply for the 3 in 1 card.
- Transcript: Mandatory for all applicants each semester.
Transcript must include student and school’s name. Cumulative hours and grade point average must be included on the transcript.
Of the following, choose one that applies to you:
- Beginning freshman students must provide a final high school transcript with graduation date shown or GED verification.
- Current college students must provide an up-to-date college transcript (official or unofficial) from all colleges attended if you are a first time applicant. Returning applicants must provide an up-to-date college transcript from your current institution.
- Concurrent high school students must submit a current high school transcript. If you are a returning concurrent student, submit your high school and college transcript for consideration.
- Class Schedule: Mandatory for all applicants each semester.
The schedule must reflect the classes and credit hours enrolled, your name, and the school’s name. The school listed on the FNA must match the school listed on the class schedule.
- FERPA Agreement: Click here to download the FERPA Authorization form.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) provides certain rights to students, parents and/or legal guardians concerning the privacy of, and access to, their education records.
Students (aged 18 and above), parents and/or legal guardians may choose to complete and submit this form to the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma allowing the release of their education records to specified third parties.
While this form authorizes the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma to obtain and/or release education records, it does not require or obligate the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma to do so.
The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma reserves the right to review and respond to requests for release of education records on a case-by-case basis. FERPA forms must be renewed with each application.
- Financial Needs Analysis Form (FNA):
Upon review of the application the student will be determined as a Grant or a Scholarship. Should you be required to complete the FNA, the Grant Officer will email the form and instructions for completion of your application.
Should your mailing or email address change after completion of an application, please email the changes to email@example.com.
If you don’t have access to a scanner, there are many free mobile apps available for your smartphone which will utilize its camera to digitize a copy of the document.
The Choctaw Nation does not endorse or accredit any mobile apps. The applicant is encouraged to use their own judgment to make a decision as to the most appropriate document
scanning app or device. Users are reminded to review the terms and conditions and relevant policies, and to assess the privacy and security of any app before downloading or using.